Records & Reports Requests

Cal Poly Humboldt Police maintains all law enforcement records pursuant to State and Federal laws. These laws define the circumstances under which and to whom records may be released. If you are interested in obtaining a copy of a police report, please review the following information. If you believe you qualify to receive police records, please complete and submit the Request for Records Information Form. Requests can be made in person at the University Police Department window, inside the Student Business Services Building, between the hours of 8:00 am and 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday. You may also submit your request via email. Requests will be processed within 10 business days.

University Police also publishes crime statistics annually pursuant to the Jeanne Clery Act. Please visit our Clery Report webpage to view these annual statistics.


Unlawful dissemination of police information to unauthorized persons is prohibited and punishable as a crime under state law.

Crime and Incident Reports

Crime reports and incidents may be released to the following interested parties:

  • The victim
  • An authorized representative of the victim
  • An insurance carrier where a claim has or may be made
  • Any person suffering bodily injury, property damage or loss

Under certain circumstances, reports may be released with information redacted to protect the identities of involved parties and/or victims. Report requests may be denied if release of the report would potentially endanger individuals named in the report, when the report is the product of an ongoing investigation or the case has been forwarded to the District Attorney’s Office for investigation.

Police records for crimes or incidents involving juveniles are subject to additional limitations. Requests for juvenile records may require the approval of the Juvenile Court.

Traffic Collision Reports

Traffic collision reports may also be requested using the Request for Records Information Form. Traffic reports may be released to:

  • Drivers involved in the collision
  • Registered owners of involved vehicles
  • Parents of minors involved in the collision
  • Passengers involved in the collision and listed on the report
  • Insurance companies representing involved vehicles
  • Those incurring property damage or civil liability from the collision
  • Attorneys representing the above

If you have further questions regarding police reports and their release, please feel free to contact the University Police Department Records Division at 707-826-5555.